Kids Karate Classes
Lil'Dragons (Ages 4-7)
The Lil'Dragons program, for children ages 4-7, will give your child the tools they need to conquer their world!
Lil'Dragons develop self-confidence, focus, discipline, and safety skills while learning traditional martial arts and having tons of fun!
- Great for children who are getting ready for kindergarten.
- Lil'Dragons work on social skills like making and being good friends.
- The physical skills practiced in Lil'Dragons help improve balance, coordination and flexibility.
- Both overly outgoing and shy children need strategies to deal with situations like being lost, emergencies, or unsafe strangers.
- Young children who have problems concentrating or behaving in school will benefit from the disciplined and focused structure of the Lil'Dragons program.
The Lil'Dragons classes meet Monday & Wednesday from 5:30-6:15 and Tuesday & Thursday from 4:45-5:30.
Juniors (Ages 7-12)
The Juniors Karate program is for children ages 7-12. Students enrolled in the Juniors program will learn traditional Martial Arts skills as well as important life skills such as discipline, confidence, and focus.
Our modern, age appropriate curriculum addresses the issues kids are faced with every day to give them the tools that will help them succeed for the rest of their lives.
All Martial Arts are not the same and you will find that classes at ProKarate Rockford stand out as the best with individualized programs for children of all ages.
- Not every child can be the “star quarterback”, but every child can work toward earning a Black Belt. There are no bench warmers in Karate class.
- Great for kids who are not into “team” sports.
- For kids who want to have FUN while they are learning a sport.
- Children who struggle “to be included” will find others who they can share fun, common goals and friendship with.
- Martial Arts practice complements any other sports training; developing flexibility, strength, balance and a “never give up” attitude.
The Juniors classes meet 5:45-6:45 on Tuesday & Thursday. Advanced Juniors (Green belt & up) meet Monday and Wednesday from 4:30-5:25.
INTENSE Defense is a class offered to Teen Black Belts. It is focuses on refining physical self defense skills while challenging students to develop mental toughness and physical fitness. Team building exercises are used to help develop respect, self confidence and good judgment in difficult situations. This class is about preparing students to make good choices in both threatening situations and with their everyday decision making.
INTENSE Defense meets Monday 6:30-7:30 and is open to Black Belts ages 13-19
This class includes training with traditional Okinawan weapons along with sparring and kata practice. Participants don't have to be interested in tournament competition to benefit from the more intense practice of kata and sparring.
This class meets on Friday afternoons from 4:30-5:30, is open to Junior members age 7 & up and is available with the upgraded membership.